Thursday, April 22, 2010

Roanoke, VA

A few more pics from my wanderings in downtown Roanoke.








You know your hoarding has become a problem when your car looks like this:



Hotel Roanoke (an 'hysterical icon' according to the 83 year old comedienne who works at the local museum):


Speaking of the museum... here it is:











The carousel horses were once stolen, only to be found later 'abandoned' in a field. I conjecture that the poor things just wanted some damn grass. They seem stressed anyway.


A scale model of the rollercoaster that used to grace Roanoke's now deceased amusement park:





Don't look now, but SOMEONE IS FALLING OUT.



I enjoyed the unrequited man-love subtext of this painting:



But where is his hand? Spooky.



I think that's enough for now. I'm going to go continue my quest for fruit, which has been... well, fruitless so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment