Wednesday, February 10, 2010

City/Face

I really like the merging of city/body/machine in this poster for Terminator Salvation:




This Sony Pictures animation is even better, as it shows the metamorphosis of the image.




It plays on the idea of the urban landscape as a menacing life form, a threatening city/face that watches you. It also raises the spectre of terrorism and 9/11 through the two burning holes that form the eyes. I suppose you could also argue that the emergence of a human skull, usually representative of death, from the contours of a human city acts as a commentary on human self destruction through the 'termination' of the natural landscape. "The End Begins" indeed.

Interesting. I'm sure I've seen other images recently on this theme... I'll try to remember where.

[Via Trash]

No comments:

Post a Comment