Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gifts

It's 2010 and the unholiday is nearly over, so I thought I'd share a few of the more intriguing gifts I received for Christmas this year. This isn't entirely out of pace with the theme of the blog. My mother has assured me that she went looking for "grotesque" presents. Apparently this was quite a challenge in Perth.

I received, among other things, a tin of monster band-aids (Americans would call them 'plasters' I think?):




This sabre-like yet stylish weapon (which I assume is a butter knife):


And this, the pièce de résistance, a bedazzled sticky tape dispenser:





So shiny. So useful. I'm told there was also a completely bedazzled electric keyboard in the shop, but mum resisted "because we already have a keyboard." Next time, Gadget, next time.

It has not escaped me that these are all things that would come in handy during a zombie apocalypse. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment