Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Human Centipede

Associate Professor Neal King recommended this movie to me after witnessing my paper at last month's Gender, Bodies and Technology conference. The Human Centipede depicts an insane doctor's attempt to make... well, exactly what the title says: a human centipede.

Warning: you should not watch this trailer if you: a) have a weak stomach; or b) are troubled by the expression "eat shit." Think The Island of Doctor Moreau (1896) meets Saw (2004).





I warned you!

Now that I'm back (mentally, as well as physically) from my US travels this blog should be getting a bit more lively once more. I have a bunch of posts coming up involving examples of the Traditional Grotesque found in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is a genuine treasure trove for the groteskologist.

Also, as I will be writing the introduction to my thesis in the next few months, I will be posting a bit about early writings on the topic. Everyone from Ruskin to Montaigne has had a crack at the grotesque, so there are quite a few interesting essays to look through.

No comments:

Post a Comment